Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Omuraisu - Quiche's Home-made Version







I've always loved Japanese food, and yesterday I thought of the word Omu-rice and told myself, maybe I could try cooking it myself.

I know for a fact that Japanese food is kind of hard to make because of one's need for detail and it's necessity for fresh, and unique, ingredients.


However, when I saw the ingredients of omuraisu, they're easy to get and the recipe itself was easy to prepare, they are not so veggie-packed tho...


But my family loooooved it.

See the pics?! Yummy!!!


And this is the Omuraisu aftermath - *big grin* ;p











How did I make my Omuraisu?

Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
1/2 kilo de-boned chicken, cut into small pieces
1 small can Libby's sausages
3-4 tbsp tomato ketchup
salt to taste

For the egg:
1 1/2 tbsp butter (i like the egg buttery)
3 pcs eggs
salt and pepper to taste

Cooking Instructions:
1. Melt butter in the pan.
2. Saute/fry (prituhin) the cubed chicken, stir fry continuously)
3. When the chicken is cooked (looks brown on some sides due to stir fying), add the sausages.
4. When the sausages are already cooked, put the rice as well (i really don't know the "cooking wording" but I'm pretty much sure you know what I'm talking about ^_^)
5. Stir fry the rice with the chicken and sausages.
6. When the rice is fried, add the ketchup, and maybe depending upon your taste, shed some salt. Stir fry it again - we don't want sloppy rice, we want the ketchup flavoring the rice, not sloppying it. :)
7. Once the ketchup has fully covered the rice. Transfer it to a bowl.

Cooking the egg (this will be put on top of the rice):
1. Beat the 3 eggs, add salt and pepper. (I like this particular egg in my omuraisu sort of peppery, so i put a little more than usual amount of pepper)
2. Melt the butter.
3. Pour the egg mixture on the pan and make an omelette that is slightly runny in the middle.
4. As soon as it's done, top the omelette onto the rice. You may somehow nicely and carefully cut the omelette in the middle.
5. Put some ketchup on a spoon, then make a zigzag sort of "design" on top of the eggs. ^_^


Eat Well!

No comments: