Friday, 22 February 2008
Another thing why writing fascinates me is that I could use words could usually make someone's ear's bleed. You know, those, sporadically, audacity (oh, I just used that!), conspicuously (oh yeah I admit it was only when I was 22 I knew what the heel that word means) --- and all other -ouly words that I could find in the dictionary. Not that I like impressing other people, it's more on the side when I say those words I see some people's eyes go wide with wonder while asking themselves why in their disheartening age they still don't know what that word means.
I think I also like because I could read my work over and over again, add more info that I would have remembered which I have forgotten to include when I first wrote it (which I am also thankful with the internet because you may edit/re-edit my work without re-wrinting the whole thing again - it's hard for me to write in a diary - again, I think my mind is just jam-packed with random ideas and I also think that I am lazy writing those ideas because my freaking fingers are so damn slow!).
So, well, when I was browsing some posts in the bulletin board at my Friendster account, I went across this brief title, which was, "Creative Writing Workshop". Being the "workshop girl" that I am, the advertisement/bulletin caught my attention. I clicked the link and there the author was, telling all the good and convincing reasons why I need to sign up to his workshop. He has mentioned his credibility as a writer and that he has written ideas as much as he has eaten food. So, I thought to myself, well, why don't I send him a message to see how he really is as a person? I was able to talk with this man, his name's Daniel - Daniel Abbey. He's friendly, accomodating and, not surprisingly (with the way that he has composed his works), we've managed to exchange a couple of humorous responses here and there.
If I were you - better speak with him yourself. You might suddenly realise that you would like to be a writer. ^_^
2. Stretch your left arm out as far asyou can. What's there?- headset
3. What is the last thing you watchedon TV?- Kamandag (it's not by choice!!!)
4. Without looking, guess what time itis:- 3.45pm
5. Now look at the clock. What is theactual time?- 3.23 - my time is advanced that's why i'm always on time. =p
6. With the exception of the computer,what can you hear?- a song called Tea and Sympathy
7. When did you last step outside? Whatwere you doing?- this morning before i went to the office
8. Before you started this survey, whatdid you look at?- my Friendster?
9. What are you wearing?- PERVERT!!!
10. Did you dream last night?- I don't remember
11. When did you last laugh?- today - I was watching Dane Cook
12. What is on the walls of the roomyou are in?- it's an office, the list is painfully looooooooooooooong
13. Seen anything weird lately?- Well, somebody could be somebody else's weirdo if you know what I mean
14. What do you think of this quiz?- no brainer
15. What is the last film you saw?- Jumping Jack (it's shouldn't be called Jumper --- I think it's better called --- The Disappearer or something LOL)
16.If you became a multi-millionaireovernight, what would you buy?- I'll go to the Caribbeans and Medittereaneans (how the fock should that be spelled???) so that I could bloody eat the REAL thangs
17. Tell me something about you that Idon't know:- Everything!!! Try checking my Almost Blog... www.yummyhappythoughts.blogspot.com
18. If you could change one thing aboutthe world, regardless of guilt orpolitics, what would you do?- People Who Respect Other People
19. Do you like to dance?- Damn YEAH
20. George Bush:- I don't care about him. His stupidity is Pres. Gloria's glory. The decrease in $ value and the strength of peso to $ is because Bush made some stupid decisions.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl,what do you call her?- I dunno yet. Chabelita.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy,what do you call him?- I can't just imagine. HE's REAL!ROTFLMAO - His name's Yoshua
23. Would you ever consider livingabroad?- As long as I wouldn't die there. I hate cold places. I'd like to die in a tropical island.
24. What do you want to say to God whenyou reach the pearly gates?- Oh Lord, I can't believe I'm on the pearly gates!!! Can you believe that?!?!?
Monday, 18 February 2008
Mt Malarayat Golf and Country Club --- you can't just choose to walk when you'd like to go around this place
Or... just look at the pictures and you can see how amazing this place could be --- well, can I say a lot about this place? Indeed I could (yes, this is after about 2 weeks this post has been neglected).
Do you see? Do you see that oozing mix of banana, caramel, and walnuts? Imagine those combining with the fluffy, moist, yummy taste of pancake all packed inside in your mouth and all the different flavors that it produces. Wooow. Heaven.
And that 4 pc pancake (well, aside from the service charge) only costs PhP185.00. (Libre tap water - hehe)
Should I wish to carbo-load again, I wouldn't think twice on these yum, yum, yummy pancakes. ^_^
Just to give you a glimpse of the day that we had, we were in meebo all day saying sweet nothing or sometimes just being playful with each other (yup! thanks for the uninterrupted internet access that we both have in our own offices). Then he told me that he had something in mind, a place where to bring me. Well, I had no idea where it would be so I just patiently waited.
The day passed so fast I myself didn't notice. Yeah. Well, aside from the tons of things that I was doing that day that's why I wouldn't really notice.
We rode a van going to Alabang Town Center. Then we walked past by it. There was this little street that we had to walk through so that we can walk downstairs. By that time, my tummy is growling like a lion. I was so hungry. I was actually asking him if the walk is really gonna be worth it. I don't usually eat much when I am in the office. So when my legs are starting to get lazy I know I could eat an elephant.
Then there it was. A humble restaurant. Oh, a Japanese Restaurant. I was surprised that even though the place looked so inaccessible, in that time of the night, the resto was full. Maybe it was because it was Valentine's Day. My boyfriend somehow got disappointed because I might not be willing to wait. But, oh well, when he said that he really looked for it and checked it out over the internet, and also being the place really full, I think it's gonna be worth the wait.
So after about 10-15 minutes of waiting for our turn to dine, while mocking a girl who has a thicker pair of legs compared to her thighs, we were able to get seated on a very neat location inside the resto (pic in the middle - courtesy of the ever nicey waiter Junie).
It was --- fabuloso.
I like hainanese chicken. I have a scar on the middle of my 2 eyebrows that I got when I was 4 and I was playing with some imaginary friends. I like dark chocolate but until now I wonder how a white chocolate became a chocolate. I pretend to be a vegetarian but I eat vegetables twice a week (not by choice, though --- I have no choice --- eating veggies in the Phils is so expensive I guess). I could eat tofu and drink soymilk 7 days in a week. Miso soup could be my health drink forever. I like eating super hot food, kind of that makes my tongue go thick and numb.
I am working in a very competitive environment,which I am very happy to work for. I like healthy competition and I am not the kind of person who would put someone down just for me to get a leverage on something. I'm actually happy seeing people trying to impart their own ideas to make things better. I am a professional and a passionate worker by heart. Money is just secondary, although I won't say that I don't need it, I'd still prefer having a healthy working environment.
There are things that I am excited to write about here. Food that I have tried. Drinks that I have tasted. People that I have met. Places that I have been. Experiences that I have had. Maybe you may get entertained, maybe you may learn something, maybe you would even disagree with me sometimes, but hey, I am the one who's writing, right? =P